Ways and means
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1917 or 1918
Cartoon shows a large monster sliding down a shipyard plank because a shipbuilder is painting with grease from a bucket marked "more ships." Text says "a little more elbow grease boys and we'll launch this monster into eternity!"
Signed "Hy Gage." Date based on America's participation in the war. Orientation: Horizontal.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Temple University
- Philadelphia : United States Shipping Board Emercency Fleet Corporation
- Labor productivity -- United States
World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- United States
World War, 1914-1918 -- Propaganda
War posters, American
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Ways and means. 1917 or 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p16002coll9/id/3210. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1917 or 1918) Ways and means. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p16002coll9/id/3210
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p16002coll9/id/3210>.