- View Full Item
- Created Date
This residence, located at 918 Main Street, was built in 1867 by retired Boston lithographer John Greene Chandler (1815-1879). Chandler was a wood engraver who trained at the Carter and Andrews firm in Lancaster. His most famous toy book was an adaptation of the Chicken Little folk tale. His daughter Alice Greene Chandler (1851-1935) was a librarian for the town and a talented photographer. Many of her photographs appear in this book.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Chandler residence. 1867-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h872. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1867-2000) Chandler residence. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h872
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h872>.