Laurence L. Doggett in Commencement Robe
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Portrait photograph of Springfield College (then the International YMCA Training School) president Laurence L. Doggett in full graduation cap and gown from the mid-1910s. This photograph is used as Doggett's photograph in the Massasoit, Springfield College's yearbook, beginning in 1915. Doggett served as Springfield College's fourth president for close to forty years, retiring in 1936 and remains the school's longest tenured president. Doggett was also the school's youngest president taking the position at the age of 31. During his time at Springfield College, Doggett expanded the campus not only in its physical size but also in the size of its student body and faculty. Doggett also implemented the schools humanics philosophy which calls for the education of the whole person - in spirit, mind and body. This philosophy still guides the college today. Doggett died in 1957 at the age of 92.
- White Studio
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- International Young Men's Christian Association Training School (Springfield, Mass.)
Doggett, L. L. (Laurence Locke), 1864-1957
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- White Studio. Laurence L. Doggett in Commencement Robe. 1910-1914. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/287. (Accessed July 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- White Studio, (1910-1914) Laurence L. Doggett in Commencement Robe. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/287
- MLA citation style
- White Studio. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/287>.