Yard crew with Southern Pacific Railroad freight train
- View Full Item
- Created Date
California Preservation Service (CAPS)
West Oakland yard crew with Southern Pacific steam locomotive 307 and freight car lettered ""California Fast Freight Line."" The Southern Pacific and the Union Pacific joined in 1885 to form the ""California Fast Freight Line"" to guarantee the swift shipment of fruit across the Overland Route. Ice blocks were placed at each end of the ventilated box cars to cool the car's contents.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State Railroad Museum Library
- Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Yard crew with Southern Pacific Railroad freight train. 1887. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://archive.org/details/cscrm_000282. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1887) Yard crew with Southern Pacific Railroad freight train. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://archive.org/details/cscrm_000282
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://archive.org/details/cscrm_000282>.