• Created Date
  • ca. 1905
  • Description
  • James Dunsmuir, the owner of the Wellington Colliery Company, founded Ladysmith in 1899. It was originally known as Oyster Harbor and served as a company town for coal miners. During the early part of the 20th century coal remained a dominant industry in Ladysmith.
  • Format
  • Postcard
    image
    5 1/2 x 3 1/2 in.
    Scanned from an original postcard using a ScanMaker 6800 at 100-175 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2008