Salida Hot Springs Pool
- View Full Item
- Created Date
An interior view of the Salida Hot Springs Pool. A 1937 Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) project constructed springs collection boxes, collection lines, a junction box, and a five mile underground hot water transmission line to the Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center. The pool and building were constructed as part of the same WPA project. During the depths of the Great Depression, some 200 men found work digging the pipeline and constructing the building essentially by hand. It cost $160,000 to install the line and build the concrete pool building. In 1941 the City purchased 145 acres of land at the hot springs source and water rights from J. Carter and A.T. Hartwich for $40,000. - from salidarec.com This image is from the Salida Museum Negatives Collection.
- Chicago citation style
- Salida Hot Springs Pool. 1960. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://salida.marmot.org/Archive/salida%3A1302/LargeImage. (Accessed July 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1960) Salida Hot Springs Pool. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://salida.marmot.org/Archive/salida%3A1302/LargeImage
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://salida.marmot.org/Archive/salida%3A1302/LargeImage>.