Wine thermometer and Sebastiani Vineyards pink champagne bottle, Sonoma, California, 1976
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Thermometer is placed around the bottle.
Don Meacham (May 30, 1916-Feb. 28, 2010) was born in Cowell, Contra Costa County in 1916. He lived most of his life in Sonoma County where he retired as freelance commercial photographer after 50 years in the profession. He worked as a photographer in the Navy during WWII; was the flagship photographer on the U.S.S. Augusta during the North African invasion; and was Chief Photographer of the Naval Air Station in Santa Rosa until the war ended. Meacham was a charter member and chairman of the Santa Rosa Civic Art Commission and was instrumental in establishing Arttrium, the county's first visual and performing arts festival.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Photographer: Don Meacham.
Sonoma County Advertising Grant (2004-2005)
Grant provided to the Sonoma County Library through the Sonoma County Advertising Program
High resolution master image (600ppi)
Black Is Zero
Recogniform Image Library
- Meacham, Don
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Sonoma County Library
- Black-and-white photographs
Wine and Winemaking
Sonoma Cheese Factory
- United States
2 Spain Street , Sonoma, California
- Owned by Sonoma County Library.
The Sonoma County Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Sonoma County Library. Please see additional reproduction and reuse information at https://sonomalibrary.org/locations/sonoma-county-history-and-genealogy-library/order-photo .
- Chicago citation style
- Meacham, Don. Wine thermometer and Sebastiani Vineyards pink champagne bottle, Sonoma, California, 1976. 1976. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll16/id/379. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Meacham, Don, (1976) Wine thermometer and Sebastiani Vineyards pink champagne bottle, Sonoma, California, 1976. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll16/id/379
- MLA citation style
- Meacham, Don. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll16/id/379>.