• Creator
  • Unknown
  • Created Date
  • 1944
  • Description
  • When Washington became a state in 1889, the newly established United States District Court had a small office in the Colman Building, near Pioneer Square. The District Court spent 11 years in a courthouse on Fourth Avenue at Marion Street and 30 years in the Post Office Building on Third Avenue and Union Street. In 1940, the court moved once again, to the current courthouse on Fifth Avenue, bounded by Marion and Spring Streets.This January 194... more
    When Washington became a state in 1889, the newly established United States District Court had a small office in the Colman Building, near Pioneer Square. The District Court spent 11 years in a courthouse on Fourth Avenue at Marion Street and 30 years in the Post Office Building on Third Avenue and Union Street. In 1940, the court moved once again, to the current courthouse on Fifth Avenue, bounded by Marion and Spring Streets.This January 1944 photo shows the United States District Court building in downtown Seattle. Architect Louis Simon designed the courthouse in the Art Deco style. less
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    Scanned from original negative using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit grayscale, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 4
  • Rights
  • All Rights Reserved