- View Full Item
- Created Date
Near the intersection of Route 117 and North Main Street, the gracious, Federal-style Carter-Washburn House was built in 1812 by Dr. Calvin Carter. It was later occupied by retired Boston businessman John M. Washburn. Washburn, who resided in Lancaster until his death in 1861, lost two sons in the Civil War--Capt. Edward R. Washburn and Col. Francis Washburn. This photograph was taken in 1891.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Carter-Washburn house. 1891. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h694. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1891) Carter-Washburn house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h694
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h694>.