Restaurant interior of the Grotto at Ye House of Good Eats, Wallace, Idaho, ca. 1925
Wallace, Idaho was founded in 1884 by Colonel W.R. Wallace under the name Placer Center. In 1885 the name changed to Wallace. In 1886 Wallace received its first railroad followed by a Northern Pacific Line in 1891. By 1900 the town of Wallace was a major center for mining activities. In 1910 much of the town was destroyed by the largest U.S. forest fire in history.
5 1/2 x 3 1/2 in.
Scanned from an original postcard using a ScanMaker 6800 at 100-175 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2007