Reed and International Halls
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photographic slide of Springfield College dormitories Reed Hall (left) and International Hall (right). Construction began on David Allen Reed Hall on August 1st, 1961 and was completed on September 1st, 1962. The dedication took place on October 20th, 1962. The building was originally to be named Massasoit Hall, but was changed to Reed Hall when the trustees decided that the last dormitory constructed in the tri-pod of dormitories (Massassoit Hall and Lakeside Hall) built at that time should be named after the College’s founder in order to allow time to collect proper funds in his name. Reed Hall was originally built as an all male dormitory housing 155 students, but today is coed, housing first years or freshmen.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Reed Hall
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Reed and International Halls. 1975-1990. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2050. (Accessed July 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1975-1990) Reed and International Halls. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2050
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2050>.