Written history of Towanda Presbyterian Church
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1852 - 1973
Written history of the Towanda Presbyterian Church covers the years 1852 - 1973. It was written by Lillian Michael in 1973.
The Towanda Presbyterian Church By Lillian Michael, 1973 In 1856 there was neither church nor Sabbath School in Towanda. In 1852, Cyrus Jones organized a Sunday School in the Smiths Grove school house, located on the corner across the road from the Jones Brokaw farm. This was the first religious movement in the vicinity. Mr. Jones spoke at the organizing, although at that time he was not a member of any church. He felt the need of a place for you...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history of Towanda Presbyterian Church. 1852 - 1973. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1488. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1852 - 1973) Written history of Towanda Presbyterian Church. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1488
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1488>.