2000 Como Springs Resort_29
View Full Image
Como Springs Motel, built in 1953. 6 x 4 in. photograph The Como Springs Resort was formed from a geological thermal water lake and organized by Samuel Francis, Richard Fry and Dr. Wadsworth with a combined capital of $1500.00. In 1889 the grand opening of the resort brought in the locals and the resort's reputation for relaxation and healing began to spread. Because of economic depression, in 1896 the resort had to close its doors. In 1921, the Heiner family reopened the resort and it thrived until 1986 when, because of insurance costs, the resort closed its doors permanently. This collection contains 117 historic photographs ranging from 1889 to 2010.
|Smith, Linda H., 1947-|
|Mountain West Digital Library|
|Morgan County (UT) Historical Society and Morgan County (UT) Public Library|
Copyright 1889-2010 Morgan County Historical Society. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.