Cavitation in liquid cryogens. III, Ogives /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Includes bibliographical references (p. 102-105).
Experimental results for three, scaled, quarter-caliber ogives are given. Both desinent and developed cavity data, using liquid hydrogen and liquid nitrogen, are reported. The desinent data do not exhibit a consistent ogive size effect, but the developed cavity data were consistently influenced by ogive size; B-factor increases with increasing ogive diameter. The developed cavity data indicated that stable thermodynamic equilibrium exists throughout the vaporous cavities. These data were correlated by using the extended theory derived in NASA-CR-2156 (volume II of this report series). The new correlating parameter MTWO, improves data correlation for the ogives, hydrofoil, and venturi and appears attractive for future predictive applications. The cavitation coefficient and equipment size effects are shown to vary with specific equipment-fluid combinations. A method of estimating cavitation coefficient from knowledge of the noncavitating pressure coefficient is suggested.
Also available online from the NASA Technical Reports Server (http://ntrs.nasa.gov/). Address as of 4/13/06: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19730019421%5f1973019421.pdf.
Prepared by National Bureau of Standards, Boulder, Colo. for Lewis Research Center
- Hord, J
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois
- Washington, D.C. : National Aeronautics and Space Administration ; Springfield, Va. : For sale by the National Technical Information Service [distributor]
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Hord, J. Cavitation in liquid cryogens. III, Ogives /. 1973. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431463. (Accessed September 26, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hord, J, (1973) Cavitation in liquid cryogens. III, Ogives /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431463
- MLA citation style
- Hord, J. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431463>.