Connecting a campus
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In the early years, the buildings for Atlantic Union College were on two separate tracts of land with a garden tract between owned by someone else. In the early 1930s, college president Otto John finally persuaded the owner to sell, making way for E. Edgar Miles Hall. Shown here is the new sidewalk, 600 feet long, from Prescott Street to the steps of what was then the Academy Building. The campus was finally connected.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Atlantic Union College
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Connecting a campus. 1930-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k17m. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1930-2000) Connecting a campus. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k17m
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k17m>.