Man who loved horses
- View Full Item
- Created Date
As one can tell from the 1937 photograph, Henry (Hank) St. Jacques (1901-1963) loved horses. He lived in the Lancaster-Clinton area for more than 50 years and operated a riding school. Before World War II, it was located near Sterling Road and Sawyer Street. After World War II, it was moved to a location off Old Common Road near Bolton Station Road. Lessons in the ring and trail rides with Hank created many fond memories for more than one generation of kids who grew up in Lancaster. This horse was named Tex.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Gails Mason Laurence
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Man who loved horses. 1937. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g21r. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1937) Man who loved horses. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g21r
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g21r>.