Luther Burbank at age 19
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Luther Burbank Home & Gardens
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
One of Lancaster's most famous sons, Luther Burbank was born on his family's homestead in 1849. As a young man of 21, he purchased a farm in in Lunenburg. After developing the famous Burbank potato, he moved to California. During his career, he introduced more than 800 new varieties of plants, including the spineless cactus and the thornless blackberry vine. After his death in 1926, he was buried (according to his wishes) in an unmarked grave on his California property.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Burbank, Luther 1849-1926
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Luther Burbank at age 19. 1868-1869. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m056. (Accessed December 11, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1868-1869) Luther Burbank at age 19. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m056
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m056>.