- View Full Item
- Created Date
Located on the west side of Main Street near the Nashua River, this home was built in 1785 for Judge John Sprague, who served the town 10 years as a representative, 2 years as a senator, and 3 years as a sheriff. His grandson S.J. Sprague Vose was the last of the family to live in the house. Later, it was purchased and given as a parsonage "fully furnished and equipped" by Col. John E. Thayer, who maintained it for 25 years. In 1933, the year Thayer died, it was bequeathed to the church.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Unitarian parsonage. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h979. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Unitarian parsonage. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h979
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h979>.