Students building sidewalks on Springfield College Campus
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A black and white photograph of students building a sidewalk on the campus of Springfield College. The photograph shows the students with shovels and wheelborrows, clearing the dirt from the pathway. Administration building and old Hickory road can be seen behind them. They appear to be near the East side of Judd Gymnasia. Throughout much of Springfield College's history, students worked on campus and helped build the campus and their community. Sidewalks were commonly constructed by students. This may have been because one of the long standing traditions on campus is that students should not walk on the grass of the main campus; therefore many sidewalks are needed.Today this tradition of students working to improve their community is shown in the school's Humanics in Action Day, where the staff and students at Springfield College go off and work within the community.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
International Young Men's Christian Association College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Students building sidewalks on Springfield College Campus. 1900-1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2278. (Accessed July 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-1930) Students building sidewalks on Springfield College Campus. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2278
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2278>.