Written history of the Towanda Grain Company 1900-2005
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1900 - 2005
This written history by Steve Fincham describes the Towanda Grain Company from its beginning in the early 1900s as a lumber yard and grain business and its reorganization as a co-operative. It discusses the construction and improvement of the elevator and bins and mentions a 1951 fire. The history includes the names of some of the many people involved in the firm's operation during its 100 year existence, including: Hans Sachs, Maurice and Pric...
Towanda Grain Company Submitted by Steve Fincham, 2006 The Towanda Grain Company was originally owned by Hans Sachs and was operated as a lumber yard as well as grain business. It was sold to Maurice and Price N. Jones in the early 1900's. They continued the operation until 1908 when they sold it to the newly formed corporation registered with the State of Illinois as the Towanda Grain Company. The first Board of Directors included: C. H. Ceiger,...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history of the Towanda Grain Company 1900-2005. 1900 - 2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/860. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1900 - 2005) Written history of the Towanda Grain Company 1900-2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/860
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/860>.