• Creator
  • Miller, Patricia L; Illinois Heritage Association
  • Created Date
  • 8-2-02
  • Description
  • 1304 W. Green Street, Urbana. Harker Hall is also known as the Chemical Laboratory. In 1986, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Nathan Clifford Ricker designed this building as a chemistry laboratory in 1878. Remodeling, following an 1896 fire that gutted the interior, removed its distinctive top floor. The building housed the College of Law from 1902 to 1926. It was named in 1941 for former law school dean Oli... more
    1304 W. Green Street, Urbana. Harker Hall is also known as the Chemical Laboratory. In 1986, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Nathan Clifford Ricker designed this building as a chemistry laboratory in 1878. Remodeling, following an 1896 fire that gutted the interior, removed its distinctive top floor. The building housed the College of Law from 1902 to 1926. It was named in 1941 for former law school dean Oliver A. Harker. It also has been used by the Department of Entomology, the School of Life Sciences, and for other classrooms. In 1992, its original mansard roof was recreated and the interior renovated for University of Illinois Foundation offices, which are still housed there. Urban Treasure Hunt. 16 History. less
  • Format
  • Harker.jpg