- View Full Item
- Created Date
Hanging in the belfry of the First Church is the 1,067-pound Paul Revere Bell inscribed "Revere Boston 1822." The original letter ordering the bell, dated September 28, 1816, is in the church archives. Since there were problems with the original, the bell now in place was supplied by Revere's son.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Revere bell. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g99n. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Revere bell. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g99n
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g99n>.