Traveling into the New Millennium (October 24, 1999)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This pamphlet, titled “Traveling into the New Millennium—Let’s Enjoy the Journey,” contains the inauguration response of Richard B. Flynn, Springfield College’s twelfth president. He gave this response during his inauguration event on October 24, 1999. Dr. Flynn spends most of the speech thanking his family, the faculty, the Springfield College community, and the board of trustees. He also names a few of the important people and milestones that brought fame to the campus since its founding. While serving at the college from 1999 to 2013, Dr. Flynn expanded enrollment, developed new doctoral programs, led the most successful fundraising campaign in the college’s history, and grew student activities. He also improved the school’s financial standing, enhanced community relations, and revitalized the school’s relationship with its long-standing partner, the YMCA. Under his leadership, the college opened six new facilities and renovated thirteen existing facilities. Many of the new facilities and renovations have won national awards for design excellence.
- Flynn, Richard B
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
Flynn, Richard B
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Flynn, Richard B. Traveling into the New Millennium (October 24, 1999). 1999-10-24. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8321. (Accessed July 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Flynn, Richard B, (1999-10-24) Traveling into the New Millennium (October 24, 1999). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8321
- MLA citation style
- Flynn, Richard B. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8321>.