- View Full Item
- Created Date
- Located at 424 North First Street near the Libertyville Lumber Yard, this depot handled the freight delivered by train to Libertyville businesses. The train line that serviced this depot was the Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul and Pacific Railroad, also known as the "Milwaukee Road." The freight came into town on a spur from the main rail line east of town. The Milwaukee Road line also carried passengers to the depot north of town on Milwaukee Avenue.
- Carl Cizek
- Contributing Institution
- Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society
Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul and Pacific Railroad
- The images in the Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society collections may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but commercial use is prohibited without permission. Questions may be directed to the society at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 362-2330.
- Chicago citation style
- Carl Cizek. Freight Depot. 1956. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/2023. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Carl Cizek, (1956) Freight Depot. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/2023
- MLA citation style
- Carl Cizek. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/2023>.