1515 North Tenth Street
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Image shows a woman with five children in the bedroom of their apartment on the third floor of 1515 North Tenth Street in Philadelphia.
Notes from photograph: #8 - 3rd floor front apartment - 1515 North 10th Street. 2 room apartment in which tenant must share bath with others on floor. There are eight families here who must share three bathrooms. See shots 3 and 4 for the third floor bath. Pipe connects with small oil stove used to heat the apartment. Lines are up for clothes drying. Ceiling plaster is about to come down, but despite this, that tenant has just painted walls and ceiling a light white blue in an effort to brighten the apartment. The stroped material showing through from the next room is covering in lieu of closet door. There is a very bad leak in this closet ceiling, so that during every rain storm, the tenant must remove clothes to prevent their being soaked. The apartment has three rooms (one large room has been sub-divided) with four persons living there paying a monthly rental of $19.50. Jules Schick Photography architects bldg. 17th & Sansom Sts. Philadelphia 3, Pa. 7-7.;Notes on the collection: A piece of paper describing the Citizen's Housing and Planning Council is in the sleeve with the picture.
- Schick, Jules
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Temple University
- 1515 North Tenth Street (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Tenth Street (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- This material is subject to copyright law and is made available for private study, scholarship, and research purposes only. For access to the original or a high resolution reproduction, and for permission to publish, contact: Temple University Libraries, Special Collections Research Center, email@example.com, 215-204-8257.
- Chicago citation style
- Schick, Jules. 1515 North Tenth Street. Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p245801coll13/id/606. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Schick, Jules, (Unknown) 1515 North Tenth Street. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p245801coll13/id/606
- MLA citation style
- Schick, Jules. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p245801coll13/id/606>.