Jane Richardson house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This dwelling, located near the entrance to Ponakin Road, was built about 1840 in the Classic Revival style by George K. Richards, In more recent times, the property belonged to Jane Richardson. A registered nurse, she was a Lancaster town official for many years, serving as an overseer of the poor and on the board of public welfare. After a fire in the mid-1900s, the outer appearance of this house was greatly altered.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Jane Richardson house. 1850-1950. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j652. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-1950) Jane Richardson house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j652
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j652>.