Save McClellan Air Force Base Celebration
- View Full Item
- Created Date
California Audiovisual Preservation Project (CAVPP)
In July 1995, as part of the fourth round of federal base closings, the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission recommended closure of the McClellan Air Force Base in Sacramento. An all-out community lobbying effort kept McClellan off the closure list in 1993. This recording captures a rally that celebrated the victory of keeping the base of the closure list. Area leaders attending the rally included Rep. Vic Fazio, D-West Sacramento; Rep. Robert Matsui, D-Sacramento; Rep. Richard Pombo, R-Tracy; Sacramento Mayor Joe Serna Jr.; and Sacramento County Supervisor Grantland Johnson.
- Fazio, Victor H
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC Davis, University Library, Special Collections
- moving image
- Copyrighted. Rights are owned by UC Regents. Copyright Holder has given Institution permission to provide access to the digitized work online. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Chicago citation style
- Fazio, Victor H. Save McClellan Air Force Base Celebration. 1993-07-07. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://archive.org/details/cua_000099. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Fazio, Victor H, (1993-07-07) Save McClellan Air Force Base Celebration. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://archive.org/details/cua_000099
- MLA citation style
- Fazio, Victor H. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://archive.org/details/cua_000099>.