- View Full Item
- Created Date
Jared Sparks (1789-1866) was a master of the Lancaster Academy for one term, starting in the autumn of 1818. He later became president of Harvard University, serving in that capacity from 1849 to 1853. Earlier instructors in the school's predecessors included Gen. Joseph Warren (of Bunker Hill fame) and the prominent Unitarian minister William Ellery Channing.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Sparks, Jared, 1789-1866
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Jared Sparks. 1825-1866. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m07r. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1825-1866) Jared Sparks. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m07r
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m07r>.