View Full Image
From text: "The Standard Club was organized in 1869, and chartered February 14th, 1887. The object for which it was formed is the social and mental improvement of its members by social intercourse and by various educational means, to-wit: The establishment and maintenance of a library, a gymnasium, a theater, a lecture and music hall, a reading room, the collection of paintings and other objects of art, all of which will be embodied in the new and magnificent structure which is now being finished, and which will be completed and opened about March 1st, 1889. The new Club House is situated on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Thirteenth Street...
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|Near South Side (Chicago, Ill.)|
Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.