- View Full Item
- Created Date
- Friday, May 3, 2013
This combined exhibition and colloquium led by Visual Arts graduate researcher Joshua Tonies is part of the IDEAS series of performances and artistic events. The event opens at 5:00pm with a public demonstration of a massive panoramic collage, developed by Joshua Tonies based on his personal archive of international currency. The image will be exhibited using the Calit2 vRoom, a massive display wall, used for visualization of research. Visitors are welcome to interact and navigate the massive gigapixel image. Starting at 6:00pm, Josh Tonies will lead a discussion of the changing role of the image and its emerging motility. He will present his research on the development of the panorama as a set of interrogations towards the contemporary status of drawing, the increasing agency of the image and its invisible technologies. The presentation will open up into an informal conversation with the invited panellists, Eun Jung Park and Alexander Jarman.
Digital Library Development Program, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/digital-library)
Joshua Tonies, managing director of Experimental Drawing Studio, works with the archive, often employing appropriated imagery into animations and works on paper, which organize into temporary ecological studies. Eun Jung Park is an art historian, independent curator, and educator. She recently curated an exhibition for the Museum of Tolerance, Los Angeles for the 20th anniversary of the 1992 riots. Alexander Jarman is Public Programs Manager at San Diego Museum of Art, Independent Curator, and Artist.
- Jarman, Alexander, Park, Eun Jung, Tonies, Joshua
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Digital Library Development Program
- moving image
- Under copyright
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- Jarman, Alexander, Park, Eun Jung, Tonies, Joshua. Strange Journeys. Friday, May 3, 2013. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7989006x. (Accessed December 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Jarman, Alexander, Park, Eun Jung, Tonies, Joshua, (Friday, May 3, 2013) Strange Journeys. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7989006x
- MLA citation style
- Jarman, Alexander, Park, Eun Jung, Tonies, Joshua. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7989006x>.