Consider Thy Heavens
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This lantern slide, “When I Consider Thy Heavens,” shows an illustration of Psalm 8:3, when David, barefoot and holding a shepherd's crook, looks into the night sky. The authorship of Psalm 8 is traditionally attributed to King David and generally focuses on the meditation of God’s work and the insignificance of man. This lantern slide may have been used during a bible studies class at the International YMCA Training School, now Springfield College.
Text on border reads, "YYhen 9 consider thy Heavens.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Consider Thy Heavens. 1900-1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/3570. (Accessed July 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-1930) Consider Thy Heavens. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/3570
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/3570>.