Great Indian chief of the West
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1848, by George Conclin, in the clerk's office of the district of Ohio."--T.p. verso.
First edition, Cincinnati, 1838, issued under title: The life and adventures of Black Hawk : with sketches of Keokuk, the Sac and Fox Indians, and the late Black Hawk war.
Amherst College Archives and Special Collections copy is in green publishers cloth, designs stamped in blind, heavily water stained; includes green cardboard slipcase with top and bottom edges painted to mimic text block; first few leaves (including frontispiece) repaired with tape; illegible writing (possibly dated 1856) on second leaf.
- Drake, Benjamin, 1794-1841
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Applegate & Company
- Black Hawk, 1767-1838
Black Hawk War, 1832
- Public Domain: We believe this material to be in the public domain and free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Drake, Benjamin, 1794-1841. Great Indian chief of the West. 1854. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:488419. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Drake, Benjamin, 1794-1841, (1854) Great Indian chief of the West. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:488419
- MLA citation style
- Drake, Benjamin, 1794-1841. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:488419>.