Eleanor S. Woods
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A portrait photograph of Springfield College trustee, Eleanor S, Woods. Recognizing the need for greater social opportunities for the students of the Training School, Mrs. Eleanor S. Woods provided the funds for Woods Hall which was erected on May 23, 1904 and dedicated on September 28 of that same year as a social and dining hall on campus. Woods, a member of the Merriam family (Webster’s dictionary) donated $18,000 for the project.
- Paul Norman?
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College--Trustees
International Young Men's Christian Association Training School (Springfield, Mass.)
Woods, Eleanor S
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Paul Norman?. Eleanor S. Woods. 1890-1906. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1808. (Accessed July 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Paul Norman?, (1890-1906) Eleanor S. Woods. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1808
- MLA citation style
- Paul Norman?. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1808>.