• Creator
  • Kinsey, Clark
  • Created Date
  • 1917~
  • Description
  • Emery & Nelson, Inc. was in business from ca. 1909 to ca. 1928, headquartered in Napavine in Lewis County.Napavine is seven miles southeast of Chehalis on the Newaukum River in west central Lewis County. It is on John Urquhart's Donation Land Claim. On December 17,1863, it was named by James Urquhart, using the Indian name which means small prairie. In 1873, Northern Pacific Railway officials accepted this name for their station. According to ... more
    Emery & Nelson, Inc. was in business from ca. 1909 to ca. 1928, headquartered in Napavine in Lewis County.Napavine is seven miles southeast of Chehalis on the Newaukum River in west central Lewis County. It is on John Urquhart's Donation Land Claim. On December 17,1863, it was named by James Urquhart, using the Indian name which means small prairie. In 1873, Northern Pacific Railway officials accepted this name for their station. According to Indian pronunciation, the name should be spelled Napavoon. less
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    11 x 14 in.
    Silver gelatin, b/w
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003