Columbia, Southern Mines, California
- View Full Item
- Created Date
View of Columbia, wagon with passengers coming from town on Main Street approaching Main Gulch Mine in foreground; flumes at left and right of town with men working; hills in background; central image surrounded by 20 smaller images of buildings; 1855.
Also have photographic copies of the central image in the Photograph File under Tuolumne Co.: Columbia: 1855 and Kuchel & Dresel's print of the central image in Kuchel & Dresel's "California Views" (**917.94.K9) and a negative of the central image, #4605. Also have color transparency of the entire print, negative no. 4,605.
Smaller images clockwise from top, left: Graves & Cibiel, Broadway Drugstore; Jas. McChesney, Toomy & O'Keefe San Francisco Store; Bartlett & Clark, Livery Stable; Albert Leavitt, Towles & Leavitt Books, Stationery, & Fancy Goods, Pacific Express and Heynemann, San Francisco Lager Beer Saloon;
Duchow & Steele, Columbia Gazette Printing Office; McKenty & Church [store]; Oxley & Campbell, Columbia Drugstore; Odd Fellows Hall; North Church; Joseph Wittmann & Co., Columbo Saloon; Niles Mills private residence;
Clark's Hotel; Jackson & Stone [store]; D.O. Mills & Co. Bankers , Tuolumne County Water Co., and Post Office; Donnell & Parsons [store]; P.G. Ferguson, Ferguson's Block [building]; W.G. Van Arsdall, American Hotel; Cotage [building; Presbyterian Church; Masonic Hall.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State Library
- Columbia, Tuolumne County, Cal. : Towle & Leavitt
- Gold mining--California--Columbia
Carriages & coaches--California--Columbia
Stores & shops--California--Columbia
Columbia (Calif.)--Pictorial works
Bird's-eye view prints
- Pictorial works.Nonprojected graphic
- Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
- Chicago citation style
- Columbia, Southern Mines, California. 1855. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.library.ca.gov/F/?func=find-b&request=001378690&find_code=SYS. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1855) Columbia, Southern Mines, California. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.library.ca.gov/F/?func=find-b&request=001378690&find_code=SYS
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.library.ca.gov/F/?func=find-b&request=001378690&find_code=SYS>.