Julia F. Burnham Hospital, Champaign, Illinois
View Full Image
310 E. Springfield Ave., Champaign. Albert C. Burnham was a principal contributor for the 1895 hospital, which was named for his wife. She was active in the Champaign Social Science Club, an organization that spearheaded the drive for a charitable hospital in Champaign. Julia F. Burnham did not live to see the building completion. She died in December 1894. In 1924, voters approved the hospital's purchase and it became Burnham City Hospital. Covenant Medical Center purchased the building from the City of Champaign in 1989 and closed it in 1992. Urban Treasure Hunt 16 History
|Miller, Patricia L, Illinois Heritage Association|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
Champaign County, Illinois
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.