Edmund Fowle House
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Edmund Fowle House--2nd oldest house in Watertown, circa 1970. Edmund Fowle House, 28 Marshall Street, built in 1772. Headquarters of Massachusetts government in the early part of the Revolution. Moved to the present location by Charles Brigham in 1872 and renovated into a two family dwelling. The interior has been restored back to the 1772 condition in the mid-2000s.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Watertown Free Public Library
- Fowle, Edmund--1747-1821
Architecture, Domestic--Watertown (Mass)--History
Historic sites--Watertown (Mass)
Historic buildings--Watertown (Mass.)
Watertown (Mass.)--Social life and customs
City and town life--Massachusetts--Watertown
- Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Edmund Fowle House. 1970. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv0434193. (Accessed July 21, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1970) Edmund Fowle House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv0434193
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv0434193>.