- View Full Item
- Created Date
Here is an early view of the handsome and finely appointed former reading room of the town library. On the back center wall is a plaque honoring the town's Civil War dead. During the recent renovation, the plaque and reading table were relocated to the library's new south wing. Note the circular staircase on the left draped to accommodate the modesty of female patrons.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Reading room. 1868-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h031. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1868-2000) Reading room. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h031
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h031>.