- View Full Item
- Created Date
A watercolor drawing of viola tricolor by Orra White Hitchcock with a faded caption at the bottom of the sheet. The drawing features four flowers (three in full bloom) along a stem with many leaves. The bottom left corner of the paper is torn. The artwork is housed in a mat for conservation.
The item is undated. The date range provided are the dates of the artist's life.
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- WatercolorsBotanical illustrationsDrawings
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Viola tricolor. 1796-1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387912. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863, (1796-1863) Viola tricolor. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387912
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387912>.