Written history of the James & Julia Larkin family farm in McLean County
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1851 - 2007
This is a written history that begins with the departure from Ireland in 1851 of James Francis Larkin at the age of 17, and continues with his marriage to Julia Hogan, their farming experiences, acreage and new house, the effects of the Great Depression of the 1930's. Information was taken from a bound history including genealogy located in the Towanda District Library under Local Histories, 929.2 .
HISTORY OF THE JAMES AND JULIA LARKIN FAMILY'S FARM in McLEAN COUNTY, ILLINOIS Farm is located 5 miles east of Towanda By Jim Larkin From "The Family of James and Julia Hogan Larkin 1. Great Grandfather James Francis Larkin left Tipperary County, Ireland in 1851 because of the Potato Famine. The story goes that James landed in New York with 10 cents in his pocket. He was 17 years old. He worked in New York for 2 years then came west, spending 6 m...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history of the James & Julia Larkin family farm in McLean County. 1851 - 2007. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1111. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1851 - 2007) Written history of the James & Julia Larkin family farm in McLean County. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1111
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1111>.