Levi Lincoln Thaxter House
- View Full Item
Levi Lincoln Thaxter House, corner of Main and Cuba Streets. In 1882 it was moved to this site from where the Town Hall is located now. It was built circa 1815. Levi L. Thaxter was married to writer, poetess, and artist, Celia Thaxter. He was Harvard educated, a lawyer, well known in the literary circles as a man of culture and refinement. Levi, always in search of a career, was best known for his readings of poetry by Robert Browning.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Watertown Free Public Library
- Thaxter, Levi Lincoln--1824 - 1884
Architecture, Domestic--Watertown (Mass)--History
Historic sites--Watertown (Mass)
Historic buildings--Watertown (Mass.)
Watertown (Mass.)--Social life and customs
City and town life--Massachusetts--Watertown
- Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Levi Lincoln Thaxter House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv043631s. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Levi Lincoln Thaxter House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv043631s
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv043631s>.