Bassett's House, 1983
Bassett's house on Marine View Drive and S. 220th Street, shown in 1983.Built in 1920, torn down in 1983.Mr. Bassett was maintenance man for the Des Moines School for many years. Mrs. Bassett helped cook the meals at the school.
Photograph: 3.5 x 5 in, color
The Des Moines Historical Society photographic collection was scanned with an image type of "color photo" or "black & white photo" using an Epson photo scanner. Resolutions used generally were 720 dpi (10" x 12"), 1200 dpi (3" x 4" and 5" x 8") or 1600 dpi (for smaller pictures), and saved as TIFF images. Using Adobe Photoshop 7.0, images were reduced to a size of three inches on the long side, and the image numbers were added. The Des Moines Historical Society retains the original scanned files. For exact information on this image and others in the database, contact the Historical Society
- Des Moines Historical Society Museum