The history of the Five Indian nations of Canada
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Sabin, 14273, Sabin notes: "The English editor also shows an antipathy to Indian names, suppressing them habitually, striking out important passages, and, instead of the speeches which Colden gives at length, substitutes meagre abridgments. In fact, the whole work is so cut up and altered, that the reader of the English edition cannot be sure he is quoting Colden at all"
Contiene: The introduction, being a short view of the form of government of the Five nations, and of their laws, customs, &c. - The history of the Five Indian nations, dependent on the province of New-York. pt. I-II. - Papers relating to an Act of the Assembly of the province of New-York, for encouragement of the Indian trade, &c. and for prohibiting the selling of Indian goods to the French, viz. of Canada ... - The treaty held with the Indians of the Six nations, at Philadelphia, in July, 1742. - A treaty held at ... Lancaster, in Pennsylvania, by the ... lieutenant-governor of the province, and the ... commissioners for the provinces of Virginia and Maryland, with the Indians of the Six united Indian nations, in June, 1744. - A treaty between ... George Clinton ... governor in chief of the province of New-York ... and the Six united Indian nations, and other Indian nations depending on the province of New-York. Held at Albany in ... August and September, 1746. - A collection of charters and other publick acts, relating to the province of Pennsylvania ...
- Colden, Cadwallader, 1688-1776
- Contributing Institution
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- London: Printed for T. Osborne
- Indios Iroqueses--Historia--s.18
Pennsylvania (Estados Unidos)--Historia--1600-1775
Nueva York (Estado, Estados Unidos)--Historia--1600-1775
- Language materialElectronic resource
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Colden, Cadwallader, 1688-1776. The history of the Five Indian nations of Canada. 1747. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009304442. (Accessed November 29, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Colden, Cadwallader, 1688-1776, (1747) The history of the Five Indian nations of Canada. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009304442
- MLA citation style
- Colden, Cadwallader, 1688-1776. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009304442>.