• Created Date
  • 1906-1906
  • Description
  • Caption: "The Cook County Hospital, the largest of the public charities of Chicago, occupies twelve acres on West Harrison and Polk streets. The main building is a handsome edifice of red brick with stone trimmings and contains twenty-four wards each devoted to a separate class of disease. Any patient without money is taken at this hospital and receives as good treatment as if he were wealthy. Other structures are a detention hospital, a build... more
    Caption: "The Cook County Hospital, the largest of the public charities of Chicago, occupies twelve acres on West Harrison and Polk streets. The main building is a handsome edifice of red brick with stone trimmings and contains twenty-four wards each devoted to a separate class of disease. Any patient without money is taken at this hospital and receives as good treatment as if he were wealthy. Other structures are a detention hospital, a building devoted to contagious diseases, and a morgue. less
  • Rights
  • Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact dcc@library.uiuc.edu.