Observatory, University of Washington, 1896
The observatory was built in 1895 using sandstone left over from building Denny Hall. Features include an 1891 six-inch refracting telescope and Civil War cannonballs on which the glass dome rotates. ("A Campus Walk," University of Washington pamphlet, 1996.)Handwritten on mount: Observatory - 1896.PH Coll 118.26.
- Photograph: b&w
5 1/4 x 7 1/4 in.
Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3