James Madison portrait
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Black and white steel engraving of James Madison (1751-1836), seated in plush chair with cabriole legs. He wears dark suit, cravat, stockings, and wig, and holds a document in one hand and what appears to be a handkerchief in the other. Facsimile signature. From The National Portrait Gallery of Eminent Americans. Engraving is after a portrait by Alonzo Chappel.
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Johnson, Fry & Co
- Madison, James, 1751-1836
Madison, James, 1751-1836
Madison, James, 1751-1836. Works. Selections. 1981
Madison, James, 1751-1836. Works. Selections. 1999
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887. James Madison portrait. 1856. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/83. (Accessed January 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887, (1856) James Madison portrait. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/83
- MLA citation style
- Chappel, Alonzo, 1828-1887. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/83>.