• Creator
  • Laidlaw, Charles
  • Created Date
  • 1938
  • Description
  • Beginning in 1906, a group of local property owners started promoting Laurelhurst as a good place to live. Although the city annexed the area in 1910, until the 1920s it was difficult to get there except by railroad or by ferry from Madison Park. Laurelhurst grew faster after the Montlake Bridge was completed in 1925 and roads were improved. Laurelhurst was one of Seattle's "automobile suburbs.".
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3
  • Rights
  • All Rights Reserved