Tammy Erickson interview, December 2012
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The unedited transcript of Phalana Tiller's interview with Tammy Erickson for the December 2012 episode of Drucker on the Dial entitled "Postcards from Vienna." The interview is from the 2012 Global Peter Drucker Forum held in Vienna, Austria in November 2012. Tammy Erickson, consultant and co-author of the book entitled Workforce Crisis: How to Beat the Coming Shortage of Skills and Talent, begins by saying that when she talks to people about why they do the things the way that they do, she finds that it is because they have always been done that way, and that they are based on things that used to be true, but aren't today. Erickson believes that we're not educating people in a pattern that's consistent with job creation today, and that there is a mismatch between the jobs that we have and can't fill, and the people who cannot find jobs. She talks about individuals who are under the age of 17, who she refers to as the "ReGeneration," and how they will have an interest in renewal and conservation, will be mobile, renters and savers, and will tend to defer gratification. Erickson goes on to say that she would like to be remembered for being a good mother, friend, and wife, and for being known as someone who was able to discern patterns and help people see the patterns that existed in all the information that is around us.
- Erickson, Tammy
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Claremont Colleges Library
- The Drucker Institute
- All rights are retained by The Drucker Institute. For permission to use this item, contact The Drucker Institute, http://www.thedruckerinstitute.org
- Chicago citation style
- Erickson, Tammy. Tammy Erickson interview, December 2012. 2012-12. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ccdl.libraries.claremont.edu/cdm/ref/collection/twi/id/54. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Erickson, Tammy, (2012-12) Tammy Erickson interview, December 2012. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ccdl.libraries.claremont.edu/cdm/ref/collection/twi/id/54
- MLA citation style
- Erickson, Tammy. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ccdl.libraries.claremont.edu/cdm/ref/collection/twi/id/54>.