[Students in Carnegie Library]
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This 1913 photograph shows students in the Carnegie Library reading newspapers and writing.
This building, a gift of steel baron Andrew Carnegie, was designed by Hook & Sawyer of Charlotte. It opened in 1905 as the Carnegie Library and was expanded in 1922-1923. The building was partially destroyed by fire on September 15, 1932, and was enlarged during its reconstruction. The Library reopened in 1933. The books were moved to the new library in 1950 and the building was extensively renovated for classroom use. In 1957, the building was named for Edward Jacob Forney, School treasurer and chair of the Commercial Department from 1892 to 1940.
- Contributing Institution
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified]
- Greensboro (N.C.)
- Photographs9.5" x 7.5"
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections and University Archives, UNCG University Libraries
NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- Chicago citation style
- [Students in Carnegie Library]. 1913. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libcdm1.uncg.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ui/id/466. (Accessed July 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1913) [Students in Carnegie Library]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libcdm1.uncg.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ui/id/466
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://libcdm1.uncg.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ui/id/466>.