Andrew Jackson Postage Stamp
- View Full Item
A pen and ink drawing of the 1861 postage stamp honoring Andrew Jackson. The authentic stamp is surrounded by the drawing. The caption reads: "Andrew Jackson, Seventh President of the U.S.A.,1829-1837. Postage Stamp with Portrait of Andrew Jackson issued 1861.
A full face of Andrew Jackson fills the entire tablet, which is as wide as the stamp, three-fourths of an inch, and only 1/16 less in its long diameter than the stamp, 15/16 of an inch, space being left at the top for the words "U.S. postage" above the elliptical ground, which is cross-hatched. It is a two-cent stamp and engraved by Joseph Pease.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Andrew Jackson Postage Stamp. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/106. (Accessed October 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Andrew Jackson Postage Stamp. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/106
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/106>.